Monday, March 15, 2010

White Chicken Chili


2 cans navy beans (I did do this)
1 onion, chopped (I used that too)
1/2 butter (light margerine)
1/2 c flour (more or less.... I just dumped from the bag)
16 oz half & half (used about 3/4 of a pint of whipping cream)
1 t salt (omitted)
2 cans mild green chiles (used 1)
1 tsp tabasco (just dropped some in)
1 1/2 t chili powder (sprinkled some in)
1 t cumin (sprinkled...)
3/4 c chicken broth (I used a tsp of the powder, but did not add the water, I like my soups thick)
1 t pepper (sprinkled)
1 1/2 c monteray jack cheese (used most of a bag of mexican shredded)
1/2 c sour cream (tried to dump about that much in)
5 chicken breast, cooked and cubed. (I used 2)
I almost forgot, I also added corn. I filled a cereal bowl and nuked the corn to warm it - them mixed it in.

Cook onion in 2 T butter until soft. In a pan mix butter and flour. Stir in onion, half and half and chicken broth. Stir 5 min or so until thick. Stir in Tabasco, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper. Add beans, chilies, chicken and cheese. Cook over low heat 20 min. Stir in sour cream and serve.

0 comments:

Post a Comment